Thursday, January 25, 2007

No Drugs

So the answer to the last post was #4. 'I have done illegal drugs' is a false statement. I kinda figured it would be easy because since almost everyone has tried them at one time, why would you include it in a list like that. Either way, it looks like I got some splainin to do. The other four items will be elaborated on in the coming weeks.

In truth, I have only been offered marijuana only twice in my life. The first time I shrugged it off because I was the driver that night and I had no idea what my reaction to it might be. At that point I hadn't even tried alcohol. Plus I feared a situation where I could not get the car back home and have to explain it to my parents.
The second time was in college and some of my co-workers at the photo store said they had some and would have it after hours upstair. I backed out of that one because: I already had something going on that evening; I wasn't too keen on their company to start with, much less trying something new with them; and lastly because I figured another offer would come up at some point.

Now before y'all start thinking I'm a goodie-two-shoes, it's not that. I see it like this. When I was a kid, I had a best friend named John. We hung out together until we went to high school. I placed into third level classes while he was at second level. So we didn't have any classes together, plus I joined the cross-country and track teams so my afternoons were taken up. We rather quickly grew apart only seeing each other when we passed in the hallways. We each had a new group of friends. I ended up in the brainy running crowd, he became part of the heavy metal crowd. By junior year he was heavily into drugs and dropped out of school. So what I am saying is that part of the fact of why I have never done drugs is because of the crowd of people that I was around. My friends didn't do them, so it greatly diminished the possibility that I would.

So that's it. That's the story. Nothing more.

No comments: