Thursday, May 25, 2006

Crowded Chicago

Taken from the IBM building by Mies van Der Rohe. When I was a teenager and young adult I was really interested in all the skyscrapers and buildings downtown. I knew each one and who designed them. I could probably still name all the ones in the picture save two or three. Though my knowledge is slipping.

As an aside, the cityscape shots for Batman Begins were taken from this angle. They were probably taken from either the Leo Burnett Building on the right or the RR Donnelly Building in white and mirrored glass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, the view to the east was one of the best. The IBM building is situated at a bend in the river so the view from it is unimpeded out to the lake. I have some other photos of the views in Flickr. The view from the office I worked at were always of the building across the street. And that's having worked on the 7th, 11th, and 17th floors. These were taken from the 35th of a 50 story building.