Sunday, January 21, 2007

Learning to get personal

This blog has been featured on the pages of the Montreal Gazette again. Page B2 of Saturday's paper. Pick it up if you have a chance. The online version is only available to subscribers. Thanks to Steve Faguy for the article. If you don't have a chance to check it out, here are a couple bits, but I urge you to read the Gazette anyhow.

"While many blogs begin with personal posts and move to more public topics as they grow an audience, [Frank] has done the opposite. "I've become more comfortable talking about myself without feeling like a narcissist.""

And my weight resolution has gotten even more public:

"His latest project is to fulfull his New Year's resolution to get in shape. He hopes blogging about it will keep him motivated to lose 25lbs by August."

I guess there's no backing out now. Especially since I'm in the process of making a wager with a fellow blogger.

Those Canadian Blog Awards really got this blog much publicity. Thank you again to those who nominated the blog. This is the second print article I've been interviewed for (I haven't heard if the first was published) and I've been contacted by both the CBC radio morning and lunch programs. But I think I failed the mock interview for the latter. It's nice to get the recognition, but the goal has always been to share thoughts with possible conversations that they generate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good work.