Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dawson College Shooting

For my readers who are not in Montreal and do not read Metroblogging Montreal, fellow author, Jay, has written his first hand account of the events. Quite an amazing recollection.

Personnally, I don't know what to say about the events. For some reason I feel quite empathetic to what he went through or the other witness recollections and I can't put my finger on why. Is it because they sounded so similar to those at Columbine? Or some other experience? I don't really know.

And I also have that yearning to know more about the shooter just to try to figure out Why?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to Jay's report. There was an eerie familiarity in the feelings he described. One never truly gets over this kind of experience, you just sort of move on and it rests in the back of your mind, until a similar shooting happens again, then the memories rush back into consciousness.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected.